Data Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to mybalance. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that mybalance collects, and the ways in which mybalance uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
mybalance may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including your Life Balance scores, selection of tips from the advice center, comments and ratings you provide in the forum, etc.)
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including your user name and password, provided demographic information like gender, age, country of residence, etc. as well as the selected level of membership)
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including payment transactions, recommend-a-friend transactions or providing contact information for your company’s HR contacts as part of you recommending your company purchasing a corporate license for mybalance, if you choose to do so).
- payment information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services will not be handled by mybalance directly but rather by our payment service provider. mybalance does not store any payment details on our servers.
- any other information that you send to mybalance.
Using personal information
mybalance may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website as per your settings on the website – the default is anonymous;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you;
- create statistical analyses about Life Balance Score results across all users or segments thereof under the premise that no individual user’s data may be identifiable and all results are anonymized; and
- send you service notifications and marketing communications. Service notifications are required to secure the uninterrupted availability of your service. All marketing communication will have an option to unsubscribe from future marketing messages included.
Where mybalance discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, mybalance may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
mybalance will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
mybalance will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you specifically submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
mybalance is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
- by email to dataprivacy[at]mybalance.net; or
- by post to experience5 GmbH, Attn: Data Privacy Officer, Daniel-Kircher-Str. 5, 40822 Mettmann, Germany