How to Create Your Personal Life Balance Improvement Plan
The Advice Center
The Advice Center's list view gives you a great overview of what's there for you to explore.
- The colors of the icons represent the five areas of your life
- green = mySelf
- red = myRelationship
- purple = myFamily
- orange = myFriends
- blue = myWork
- The icons represent the type of advice (you can point on an icon to remind yourself):
- guide post = general advice
- sun = gadget recommendation
- book = book recommendation
- handheld = link recommendation
- The dots in the second column show the read status of each tip:
- filled dot = unread
- empty dot = read
Despite the wealth of wisdom in the Advice Center it's easy to stay organized. When selecting items from the list, you can use the Select box so you don't have to click on many items manually:
- ALL will select all items on the list.
- NONE will deselect all items.
- ALL READ will select items you have read before, e.g. if you want to hide them (see below).
- ALL UNREAD will select all items you have not read yet.
- ALL ON MY PLAN will select items that you added to your personal Life Balance Improvement Plan.
- ALL NOT ON MY PLAN will select those items not yet added to your plan.
Adding and Hiding Items
After you made the right selection using the SELECT box (or by selecting items manually) you can then use the ...
- ... ADD TO MY PLAN button to add the selected items to your personal Life Balance Improvement Plan
- ... HIDE button to hide the selected items from the Advice Center in the future.
Note: You can UNHIDE items that you have previously hidden, by using the FILTER box command TIPS HIDDEN BY ME and then unchecking the hide flag in the detail view of each tip (click on 'more' in the list view for each item to see it's detail view).
Viewing Items by Category
When building your personal Life Balance Improvement Plan you will most likely focus on one or two life areas at a time. The CATEGORY box is a great tool to limit the Advice Center list to only entries relating to one particular life area.
Filtering Your View of the Advice Center
The FILTER box has a similar function as the CATEGORY box in that it limits the list in the Advice Center to certain subsets. You can choose...
- ALL to show all items.
- TIPS ON MY PLAN to only show tips that were added to your personal Life Balance Improvement Plan.
- TIPS RATED BY ME to show you a list of advice you have rated.
- TIPS COMPLETED BY ME to show you all items you flagged as "I COMPLETED THIS" on the detail page of a tip.
- TIPS HIDDEN BY ME to show all hidden items. You can then remove the hidden check mark on the detail page of each item to unhide them.
- ADVICE to only show items from the advice category.
- BOOK to only show book recommendations.
- GADGETS to only show gadget recommendations.
- LINKS to only show web link recommendations.
Sorting Items in the Advice Center
The SORTING box in the Advice Center is a great tool to sort by...
- DATE, e.g. to see the latest additions to the Advice Center.
- CATEGORIES, e.g. to better structure your personal Life Balance Improvement Plan.
- READ/UNREAD, e.g. to make it easier for you to find the items you still want to explore.